Wednesday 13 November 2013

This week's adventures...(4)

In the town square, there was a fantastic 'social' atmosphere - people dancing (photo) in assorted groups - some to traditional music, some to pop music, others having latin dancing lessons! Kids on roller skates...kites...watching the giant fountains pulse in beat to music (bit 'Vegas')
 
There was a huge new shopping area (progress?) with a MASSIVE ceiling display of film - glorious colours, with footage of space fights, undersea worlds...
 
When I left the next day (with 'the squits', I have to say!!) I couldn't resist a hearty (cold) breakfast and as I flew back to BJ (I wish) and the smog, I couldn't help but hope Xi'An doesn't entirely loose it's sense of history.
 
After all, I've got the squits from eating a McDonalds burger in the past, never mind a slice of sheep's stomach....

No comments:

Post a Comment