Wednesday 29 January 2014

Banging? Home soon....

Flying back to UK tomorrow night - Chinese New Year here, so may as well go home if only to go to bed - so many bloody fireworks here, night after night, the banging stops me sleeping....
Many of the fireworks sold here are illegal / fake / homemade, so it's probably safer, too - last year, a lorry carrying the things blew up when crossing a bridge - with such force, the bridge collapsed, with loads of cars following it down...I'm probably safer at 30,000 feet flying backwards through a lightening storm...
Walked to Sanlitun one last time last night (in case any new DVD's out since Saturday!) - I do love the colours of the place...
Lunch today was surprisingly healthy - what came over me? I had a chicken & mango salad (no dressing shite) and it was yummy. And a fresh fruit smoothy - think it was a 'Holiday Mood' or something...they just lob a load of fruit in a big masher and you get whatever comes out the bottom. Makes me feel like Superman cos I know it's full of vitamin stuff.
Reminds me of a story about my great hero, Muhammad Ali....he was on a plane & wouldn't put his seat belt on - "Superman don't need no seat belt!" he said to the stewardess...."Mr Ali - Superman don't need a PLANE!" was the reply.
He sure was the Greatest, but maybe met his match that day....

No comments:

Post a Comment