Wednesday 15 January 2014

"What a difference a day makes....."

Looking out of the office window...
Yesterday was ok - cold (it's been about -8 recently) but sunny & I might even use the word 'fresh' (in context...)
However, today, my phone was flashing with a warning as I woke - the smog was off the measurable scale - "Beyond Index" on the US Embassy version of the measurement...
I was spluttering the minute I walked outside the door. My pal had put on a 'Jacko' mask, which made his glasses steam up, as well as make him look a right tosser. He took his glasses off, and promptly fell over a dodgy pavement flag he couldn't see.
Death by smog or broken neck? Or, (being more positive) - later life gasping for breath & unable to climb the stairs, or glued into a wheelchair, dribbling & paralysed?
What a choice!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You'd better come back quick before you get smog-bollocked. Baz

    ReplyDelete