Tuesday 25 February 2014

More smog....

Smog here got REALLY bad over the last few days.
The 'Really Bad Shit' measurement is typically 40 units in the UK - anything over 75 would cause a real stir - headlines on the telly, government overthrown etc...
Over here, it's usually around 250 on a typical day. Anything over 400, and it starts to trouble me - I can tell when it's that high without checking my fancy phone app thing : my throat hurts, my eyelids 'drag' and I generally start to feel shitty!
It's now over 550 - off the scale.
I get 2 measurements - the top one is the official government figure (still high) but it's always lower - usually by 50% - than the US Embassy figure, which is what we trust...
More people are wearing Jacko masks - some are serious jobbies that look like something from Neil Armstrong's garage sale - some look like Hannibal Lector, and can be a bit scary if you bump into someone at night...
I don't bother - I look daft, they make my glasses steam up and if I take them off, I'd walk into a tree or into the road & get run over by a rabid taxi driver.
I guess God will decide how / when I die.
I just hope it's not here....

No comments:

Post a Comment