Friday 13 June 2014

Footy, nails & trees....

England's first World Cup game takes place about 6am on Sunday morning here...TV's have been popping up all over the place, in bars, restaurants and shops where they think people may gather to watch the matches...several are balanced on top of fridges, cookers, fish tanks and nailed to trees, including outside one of the bars we 'support'...as the owner, Alan, says he bought it for us, we feel obliged to go there on Sunday morning and pay OTT for extremely an 'salty' breakfast and luke-warm tea. My pals say "beer is only a quid a pint!", but I have little interest in drinking beer at that time of the morning....and I'm certainly past staying out all night doing so. I suspect the 'men' who DO that will miss half the game, slumped asleep, head down in their plate of scrambled eggs...
 
I have concerns about the picture quality because there simply  WASN'T a picture last night when Alan showed the 'installation' off to me, although he assures me it will be in "High Dedinition" on the day...he had a hammer in his hands, and some nails, with which I think he had attached the telly (famous brand) to the tree. Also note the wiring, fully water-proof, I'm sure, and fully compliant with section 5727293930303B of the Chinese Health & Safety handbook...
 
I suspect we'll end up with one of us holding an aerial up, with the rest shouting "LEFT A BIT!" and so on, in an attempt to see Wayne Rooney score f*ck all through all the snow....
 
I'd planned to watch it in my bed, with my 'Winnie the Pooh' teddy and a PG Tips chimp in a mug....maybe with some toast....although I hate crumbs in bed....I'll make the effort to go and shout abuse at the sacrificial telly, in the belief that advanced Chinese technology will mean our Wayne will hear every word in Brazil...."TOSSER! TOSSER"....

No comments:

Post a Comment