Wednesday 11 June 2014

OiC - Only in China....

Just got back from dinner with my - as usual - very generous hosts.....
 
We went to a very posh restaurant in a very posh shopping 'mall'....but look at the pavement outside!! Imagine that in the UK / USA - COMPO GALORE!!! people would be flying in from all over to 'trip up' !!!
 
Inside was almost as bad...big chunks of pavement / steps missing, plus the usual assortment of cables etc running across walkways (even stairs!)....those dreaded words 'health & safety' & all the associated legislation doesn't exist here....mind, neither does that 'compo culture'.....
 
Tea (sorry, 'dinner') was OK - I avoided the large bowl of frogs, and the 'chicken in bacteria' (I see that word a lot on menus....hope it's a cse of 'lost in translation' & not a confession!) - I had a SNICKERS from my emergency supply back in my hotel for pudding...
 
I fly back to BJ (not) tomorrow...hope the plane is better built than the pavement...
 
(Note the guy in the wheelchair - they had to plot their route & steer around all the holes like a maze!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Grumps, You're in for it now; according to Tony Walker from Crewe,
    the maitreya is moving from Russia to China. BEWARE !!!!!

    ReplyDelete