Thursday 31 October 2013

Food...'glorious' food....(not)....

I know you like to read about my being served rabbits knobs and suchlike to eat...the 'things' ("..from another world") in photo 1 were still wriggling - I politely declined them....and the 'animal's stomach' (which animal was not made clear, although knowing would not have influenced my decision), and I became suspicious when they kept covering my eyes as they lobbed allsorts into the bubbling pot, like witches....first on my plate was 'black chicken' - black skin, bones & meat....although the feathers are pure white (OiC!!)- but when I spotted the 'shell' floating, I stood up and shouted "Oh my God - a f*cking TURTLE!!" and had to grab some fresh air. A hasty retreat to my hotel & my emergency supplies of SNICKERS bars quickly (but politely) followed...
 
Back at the hotel, I showed them how to play snooker - I refused to use the pool table next door, as I'm not American. I told them about the BBC TV programme 'Pot Black' but it sunk in as easily as my endless stories about Douglas Bader...but they were stunned by my potting ability (and how I can do it without ever closing my left eye!)
 
Revenge came with the world's most complex (Chinese) game - Mahjong - where a load of fancy domino-type things come up from a table - very 007-ish - and then begins a staggeringly hard table game which I can't begin to describe...of course, all the numbers & designs are in Chinese, so I had to put each set in order and photograph them on my phone. When it was my turn, I had to keep referring to the pictures to figure out what to do! A young lady with a fine chest (for here) helped me. I was very grateful, as were the other players, all of whom were quick as a flash, and often went to the toilet when it was my turn...
 
Next day, it was time to meet Thomas again, and back to BJ....if you get my drift. Looking out the window, the clear air got progressively smoggier as I got closer to Beijing....never mind - Thursday today, which means Friday tomorrow....
 
By the way - more and more websites are being blocked here, so even going via our server in Germany & VPN, I can't actually SEE this blog (or Twitter now), so I'm assuming these entries get through (I send them via bouncing emails)....maybe I'm wasting my time? Feck...(I've been watching too much 'Mrs Brown'....)

No comments:

Post a Comment