Wednesday 13 November 2013

"I'm back, I'm back, as a matter of fact - I'm back..."

....so sang Gary Glitter....
 
Been impossible to update for a while - I had a 'way round' the general block on blogs here, but even that has now been...er...blocked...
So now I send these updates in by 'bouncing' emails from one server to another - I can't see the end result, but assume you can (thanks Mike for checking!)
 
Also, there has been a big party conference which means the internet is 'turned down', as well as the DVD shops being closed, and even the prostitutes being told to make themselves scarce...I guess it's in case any of the attendees fancy a walk around Beijing and either stumble across the latest SUPERMAN film or...
 
Anyway - I'm catching up over the next day or so...if you give a toss (which you must, to be reading this!!)
 
A Chinese colleague has been complaining of truly awful backache, and went to visit his (witch) doctor - and prescribed a bag of scorpions, snakes & centipedes...with the instructions to boil the lot for 2 hours and then drink the solution. Ugh!! Apparently it helps increase the blood flow (more like the flow of vomit & diarrhoea I'd have thought).....
 
He said it tasted truly awful....
 
I said "Have you heard of ibuprofen or paracetamol?"....

No comments:

Post a Comment